Shenglan Qing 卿胜蓝
Shenglan Qing was born in Hunan, China. She is a Ph.D. candidate in Audiovisual Communication and Advertising at Autonomous University of Barcelona. Her research interests span from globalization, cultural studies to computational methods and digital methods.
Qing, S., & Prado, E. (2020). Advertisements and engagement strategies on a cross-media television event: A case study of Tmall Gala. Observatorio, 14(2), 137–157. (Double blind peer-reviewed, Scimago Journal & Country Rank, Q3)
Qing, S., & Yang, Z. (Nov, 2021) Imagined enemy or ‘the hope of village’: postcolonial discourse in media representation of Wu Lei in China and Spain. Narrating Cold Wars Conference, November 2021, Hong Kong Baptist University
Qing, S. (Oct, 2021) Voting mechanisms, regulations, and audiences’ distrust: 15-year history of reality competition programs in China. Television history in development. The Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision.
Qing, S., & Yang, Z. (May, 2021) Promoting Nationalism? Media Representation of the Chinese Football Player Wu Lei in La Liga: A Frame Analysis of News Reports in China and Spain. 71 Annual International Communication Association Conference (ICA), Sports Communication.
Qing, S., & Prado, E. (Jul, 2019) Ritualizing consumerism in China: Tmall Gala as an innovative exponent of the synergies of social media and television. International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR) Pre-conference: “Communicating China with the World: New Dynamics in International Communication”.
Gómez, G., Garcia-Muñoz, N., Qing, S., Monclús, B., Nunes de Castro, L., & Prado E,. (Sep, 2021), The game isn’t over: Game-show as a key element of general-interest television schedules. 8th European Communication Conference, European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA)
Delgado, M., Navarro, C., Franquet, R., Ribes, X., Qing, S., & Paz, E. (Jul, 2020) European public television: Redefining content and scheduling strategies. Public Service Media Police Working Group, IAMCR.
- Summer Institute in Computational Social Science (SICSS), Nova School of Business and Economics, Lisbon, Jul, 2021
- European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA), Doctoral Winter School, Jan-Mar, 2021. (Funded by ECREA)
- Introduction to Computational Social Science: Application of Machine Learning Approaches to Text and Survey Analytics, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Feb, 2020
- Digital Media Winter Institution, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Jan, 2020
- Digital Methods Summer School, University of Amsterdam, Jul, 2019
- Fifth Europe-China Dialogue in Media and Communication Studies Summer School, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Jul, 2018
Member of the Research Group GRISS, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Jan, 2018-present. Participated in research projects:
- Social Networks and Generalist Television in Europe (EU-5): Screen Using and Audience Activities on Networks.
- From Hegemony to Competition: Transformations of European Public Channels’ Programming Strategies Over the Last 30 Years (EU5) (30PUBTV).
Assistant in the big data analysis group GSdata, Beijing, China, 2014-2015
Media Industry Experiences
- Photographer and Reporter, Barcelona, Spain Feb, 2021-present. Collaborating in Xinhua News Agency as a correspondent. My work includes journalist photography and interview in Chinese and Spanish.
- Reporter (intern) in CBNYiMagazine, Beijing, China, Oct, 2016-Mar, 2017. Focused on Artificial Intelligence and new technology trend. Independently interviewed research and technology departments of Microsoft (Beijing), Baidu and other tech-companies. (Published reports and comments in Chinese)
- Correspondent in CiWeiGongShe (a Public Account on Wechat), 2016. Focused on the new media industry in the Western world.
- Spanish Editor (Intern) in China Network Television, Beijing China. Jul-Aug, 2014